“We Serve Education Every Day”
Mobile County Public Schools will operate a feeding program beginning Thursday March 19th to help make sure that no child goes hungry during the school closure now in effect. The district has selected 66 sites throughout Mobile County where bagged lunches will be handed out curbside. Food will be offered free-of-charge. Any child age 18 or under can receive food.
A child must be present in order to receive food.
The mission of the Mobile County Public School Systems Child Nutrition Program is to provide healthy and nutritious meals daily to all of the District’s students in accordance with all applicable guidelines.
Goals of Child Nutrition:
- Serve nutritionally adequate, appealing and healthy meals
- Help children grow socially and emotionally
- Extend educational influences to the homes of school children
- Improve children’s food habits with the ultimate goal of developing healthy adults
- Comply with federal, state, and local requirements
What is CEP?
The Community Eligibility Program states that all enrolled students of the Mobile County Public School System are eligible to receive a healthy, reimbursable breakfast and lunch at school at no charge. No further action is required of you. Your students will be able to participate in these meal programs without having to pay a fee or submit an application.
If a la carte items are selected, each student will be required to pay for the additional items at the food prices approved by our district’s board of education.
The Wellness Plan encompasses the recommendations for nutrition and exercise provided by the Alabama State Department of Education, USDA and Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010. This plan helps to provide a school environment that models health promotion and takes action to combat the rising health risks in children.
All of our meals must meet the new USDA Nutrition Standards, which require the following:
- Fat free and 1% milk choices
- More whole grains
- Larger portions on fruit servings at breakfast and lunch
- Larger portions on vegetable servings and specific vegetable types that must be served (dark green, red/orange, beans/peas, etc.)
- Less portions of meat
- Age appropriate calorie limits
- Less sodium
- Less saturated fat
- 1 K-5 & BIC Breakfast Workbook Week1
- 6 6-8 Breakfast Workbook Week2
- 6 6-8 Breakfast Analysis Week2
- 7 6-8 Breakfast Workbook Week3
- 7 6-8 Breakfast Analysis Week3
- 8 6-8 Breakfast Analysis Week4
- 8 6-8 Breakfast Workbook Week4
- 9 9-12 Breakfast Workbook Week1
- 9 9-12 Breakfast Analysis Week1
- 1 K-5 & BIC Breakfast Analysis Week1
- 2 K-5 & BIC Breakfast Workbook Week2
- 2 K-5 & BIC Breakfast Analysis Week2
- 3 K-5 & BIC Breakfast Workbook Week3
- 3 K-5 & BIC Breakfast Analysis Week3
- 4 K-5 & BIC Breakfast Workbook Week4
- 4 K-5 & BIC Breakfast Analysis Week4
- 5 6-8 Breakfast Analysis Week1
- 5 6-8 Breakfast Workbook Week1
- 12 9-12 Breakfast Workbook Week4
- 11 9-12 Breakfast Workbook Week3
- 11 9-12 Breakfast Analysis Week3
- 12 9-12 Breakfast AnalysisWeek 4 (Over .25 on Grain)
- 10 9-12 Breakfast Workbook Week2
- 10 9-12 Breakfast Analysis Week2
- 8 9-12 Lunch Workbook Week4
- 8 9-12 Lunch Analysis Week4
- 7 9-12 Lunch Workbook Week3
- 7 9-12 Lunch Analysis Week3
- 6 9-12 Lunch Workbook Week2
- 6 9-12 Lunch Analysis Week2
- 5 9-12 Lunch Analysis Week1
- 5 9-12 Lunch Workbook Week1
- 4 K-8 Lunch Analysis Week 4
- 4 K-8 Lunch Workbook Week 4
- 3 K-8 Lunch Analysis Week 3
- 3 K-8 Lunch Workbook Week 3
- 2 K-8 Lunch Analysis Week 2
- 2 K-8 Lunch Workbook Week 2
- 1 K-8 Lunch Workbook Week 1
- 1 K-8 Lunch Analysis Week 1
When school is out, meals are in. The MCPSS Child Nutrition Department offers one of the largest summer feeding programs in the state of Alabama. Meals are provided to all children 18 years and under at no cost. Registration is not required to receive meals.
|Ms. Caroll L. McQueen||Food Services Director||251-221-4374|
|Amanda Reyer||CNP Specialist||251-221-4374|
|Peggy Savell||CNP Specialist||251-221-4374|
|Felecia Adams||Operations Supervisor||251-221-4374|
|Harolyn Ezell||Computer Support||251-221-4374|
|Briana Bell||CNP Clerk||251-221-4374|
|Diane Hammac||CNP Clerk||251-221-4374|
|Melaney Williams||CNP Specialist||251-221-4374|
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider."