If you are in one of the following situations, you will need to complete an ENROLLMENT ASSESSMENT FORM (please complete the fillable form on this webpage):
Living temporarily with a friend or relative due to loss of housing, eviction, economic hardship, or similar reason
- Living in RV parks OR camping grounds due to lack of adequate alternative accommodations
- Living in emergency or transitional shelters
- Living in a public or private place not designed for humans to live
- Living in vehicles, parks, abandoned buildings, bus or train stations, etc.
- Migratory children living in the above circumstances
- Unaccompanied Youth – child or youth NOT in the physical custody of parent/guardian
- Parent/guardian is recently deceased or incarcerated
- Parent/guardian is on military deployment and another person has to enroll child
- Student is placed by DHR, Court or agency with someone other than legal parent/guardian
- Staying in an motel/hotel or a pay-by-the-week establishment
IF one of these circumstances applies to you, please be prepared to produce the following documentation:
- The person you are residing with OR the contact information for that person
- Your ID and the ID of the person you are living with (person who owns/rents the property)
- Two proofs of residence from the person(s) you are living with: one proof MUST be a current lease, mortgage statement, deed, property tax statement or housing contract and the second proof MUST be a current utility bill (i.e. power, water, gas) associated with the property address.
- Any official mail/bills coming to that residence/address in the parent/guardian’s name (example: hospital bill, government assistance letter, etc)
- If you are living in a motel/hotel or a pay-by-the-week establishment, you will need a CURRENT rent receipt with the name of the establishment
If you have questions regarding the enrollment assessment process, please call (251) 221-7777 option #6 or email Social Services at email@example.com and a social worker will call you back to discuss your situation and advise you on providing the documentation needed. Thank you.